What causes Dx8vb.dll errors…? How can they be repaired…? In the following post you’ll find answers to these questions as well as important information about this dll module.
Microsoft DirectX for Visual Basic, part of Microsoft Windows OS.
This module is part of Microsoft’s DirectX which supports multimedia-rich applications. Its main purpose is enhancing the performance of multimedia-rich applications in regards to quality graphics display, audio, 3D animation and more.
Most of the problems with this file occur when trying to launch multimedia-rich applications such as PC games. Games won’t start and instead Windows pops up error messages such a the following:
The program can't start because dx8vb.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
The module dx8vb.dll failed to load. The specified module could not be found.
Reinstalling the application that triggers this error almost never solves the problem.
Causes to this error
There are two main causes to these errors: (1) You’re using incompatible (old, wrong version) or corrupt video and/or audio drivers (2) Dx8vb.dll is corrupt/missing/incompatible.
(1) Check all your graphics and audio related drivers
See if any of them is incompatible or corrupt and replace them with their most updated and compatible version. They must be 100% compatible with your exact hardware model.
Tip – how to detect and replace invalid drivers:
(1) Download this drivers diagnostics tool
(2) Run a drivers diagnostics scan and wait…
(3) It’ll scan and detect all your hardware components and their drivers
(4) Open the final Drivers report
(5) Are any of your graphics/audio related drivers invalid?
(6) If YES – replace them immediately with their latest compatible version
(7) Restart Windows
(2) Refresh your DirectX installation
In order to complete the Dx8vb.dll errors repair, it is recommended to visit Microsoft’s site in order to download and install latest DirectX installation, then again, restart Windows.