In the following Dxgi.dll error review I’ll explain why this error pops up in the first place, later I’ll provide you with two simple tips that’ll enable you to resolve this issue. I hope you’ll find it useful.
This dll module is part of Windows OS and the DirectX Graphics Infrastructure from Microsoft. The common path to this file is C:\Windows\System32.
Common known problems
PC gamers are those who usually encounter problems and various errors related to this file. You’d usually encounter the following error when trying to launch a game or while restarting your computer: The procedure entry point CreateDxGI could not be located in the dynamic link library dxgi.dll or This application has failed to start because dxgi.dll was not found.
The causes to this error
There are two reasons:
(1) You’re using an incompatible or old version of this dll
(2) Your display driver and or other drivers related to your display hardware are either incompatible or obsolete.
(1) Update your DirectX Installation
Simply download and install the latest DirectX installation.
(2) Update your display driver and replace incompatible or obsolete drivers
Now, in order to complete the Dxgi.dll error repair process you need to verify that you’re using the latest official and compatible display driver, then detect and replace any problematic “display related” drivers. Here is a little tip how to do that:
(1) Download this drivers diagnostic tool
(2) Let it scan all your installed drivers
(3) Wait for the scan to complete
(4) Open the Drivers section
(5) Is the display driver valid?
(6) If not – replace it with an updated compatible one!
(7) Are there any other invalid drivers?
(8) If YES – replace them as well.
(9) Restart your PC