There are several methods to detect and repair the source to the annoying Psapi.dll error. In the following post you’ll find several useful methods that at least one of them should enable you to resolve this issue. Hope you’ll find it useful.
Process Status Helper Library (Process Status Application Programming Interface) from Microsoft Corporation. This file belongs to Windows OS and it is used to retrieve information about your various processes as well as your active device drivers.
The location of the file is usually under:
Most common problems related to this dll are reported on Windows startups or while running specific applications such as Internet Explorer. In other cases you might encounter this error right after upgrading one of your applications.
One of the most common error messages is as the following: Procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in the dynamic link library. Psapi.dll.
The causes to this error
(1) Third party programs that install additional incompatible/old versions of this dll
(2) The file is missing from your computer/corrupt
(3) Missing/corrupt registered file paths related to this file
Quick repair tips
(1) Disable additional third party versions of this file
Leave only the Windows OS version of Psapi.dll active. Disable all other versions of this file coming from third party programs.
(1) Click on Windows START menu
(2) Search for all instances of Psapi.dll
(3) Rename all third part instances of this file to say: Psapi_bck.dll
(4) LEAVE Psapi.dll in C:\Windows\System32 or C:\WINNT\System32 AS IS (DO NOT rename it!)
(5) Restart your PC
Has the problem been solved?
(2) Use Windows SFC – System File Checker repair tool
By running sfc /scannow command line Windows checks and replaces any system file which has gotten corrupted or deleted, or in case that file is incompatible. Since this dll is part of Windows OS, this should fix the error in case of problems with the file itself.
Problem is still not fixed…?
(3) Scan for Psapi.dll related errors
Download the following Windows errors repair tool – it’ll detect and enable you to repair any errors related to this dll file. It specialized in detecting corrupted or missing registered file paths.
Scanning for incorrect dll registered file paths