Repairing an X3daudio1_7.dll missing error can be quite simple (if you know the answer of course…). Anyway, in this post I’d like to provide you with two tips that each handles the two issues that most probably trigger this error message on your screen. Good luck and hope that helps.
This dll is part of the 3D Audio Library from Microsoft DirectX for Windows.
Microsoft’s DirectX technology is already embedded by default in every Windows installation. The main purpose of this important technology is to enhance and improve your experience while using multimedia-rich applications such as PC games. It enhances your computer’s display and audio performance.
PC games are ‘heavy consumers’ of the fantastic capabilities provided by the DirectX technology; that’s why most of the problems with this dll are reported by PC gamers. Errors related to this dll usually occur when trying to launch a game (Skyrim and Metro as one example) – you’d usually receive the following error message: The program can't start because X3DAudio1_7.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.
You might also receive another message telling you to update your graphic and sound card’s related drivers (Nvidia is indicated in many cases).
The causes to this error
(1) This dll might be: corrupt, incompatible, or missing from your computer.
(2) One or several of your graphic or sound card’s related drivers are incompatible or corrupt.
In order to repair the X3daudio1_7.dll missing error complete these two tasks:
(1) Refresh and upgrade your DirectX installation
Just visit Microsoft’s official site and download the latest DirectX installation - this installer updates your currently installed DirectX, no matter of what version you already have.
(2) Update your drivers and replace invalid drivers
You need to detect any invalid graphic card or sound card related drivers and replace them with their latest, official, and COMPATIBLE version. Here is an easy way to do that:
(1) Download the following drivers scanner
(2) Let it check all your installed drivers
(3) Open the final Drivers report
(4) Are there any invalid ‘graphic’ or ‘sound’ card related drivers?
(5) If YES – immediately replace them.
(6) Are there any other invalid drivers?
(7) If YES – it is recommended to replace them as well.
(8) Restart Windows